Prepare for the Fall 2014
FIRST LEGO League season with this
two-day summer camp.
Please read before registering!
- Cost: $10 per day, per student
- Hardship waiver of costs available as option to choose. Applicant will need to show proof of eligibility such as free/reduced lunch letter, MediCal letter, utilities assistance program, etc.
- Register individually, not team.
- You may register for both basic and advanced sessions. Register for advanced session on separate "Advanced Session" event form.
- You may register and pay for siblings at the same time -- just click on "add guest" after filling out the first form and fill out the same form for second child. Ditto for more.
Sat., July 19th and Sat., July 26th
Time: Note different start times!
July 19 - 9:30am-12:30 pm - Set up 9AM
July 26 - 9:00am-12:30pm - Set up 8:30AM
Las Posas Elementary School multipurpose room, 75 Calle La Guerra in Camarillo
Designed expressly for newcomers to Robotics Roundup. This is an introduction to LEGO Mindstorms NXT and EV3 software. If you've never participated in Robotics Roundup, are moving up from Junior FLL, or just need a brush-up on skills learned from last year's FLL, this program is for you! Each day will be different. We encourage new coaches and mentors to participate free of charge.
AM snacks will be provided. All sessions will finish before lunch.
Rules for both sessions:
1. Students MUST already be on a team.
2. Students on PVEF sponsored teams must have already completed their individual registration for FLL.
3. Students must register individually for camp but may attend as a team. At least one parent, coach or mentor must commit to supervising their team each day. Students may sit with another team once at camp if team attendance is low.
5. At least one adult must attend for every five students. All students must have adult supervision - no exceptions.
6. Teams need to bring robotics kits, laptops and extension cords, preferably one laptop for one or two students.
Please register supervising adults on our Coaches/Mentors/Parents registration form. Attendance for supervising adults is free.
PVEF sponsored teams as well as all area teams are invited to attend, however, students on teams other than those sponsored by PVEF will only be able to attend this camp on a space-available basis. Confirmation will be given after July 15.
Registration deadline is July 15 for Basic and July 29 for Advanced!