Informational meeting for parents and students, ages 9 - 14, who want to participate in PVEF's Fall 2012 Robotics Roundup - FIRST LEGO League .
Dos Caminos Multi Purpose Room, 3635 Appian Way. Go to the FLL website at www.firstlegoleague.org for more information.
Theme for FLL 2012 - Senior Solutions
Can FIRST® LEGO® League teams improve the quality of life for seniors by helping them continue to be independent, engaged, and connected in their communities? In the 2012 SENIOR SOLUTIONSSM Challenge, over 200,000 children ages 9 to16* from more than 60 countries will explore the topic of aging and how it may affect a person’s ability to maintain his or her lifestyle – solving issues like getting around, keeping in touch, or staying fit. Teams will research obstacles and then suggest ways to improve the quality of life for the seniors affected. Teams will also build, test, and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® robot kits to solve a set of missions on an obstacle course.
Elementary and middle-school students get to:
- Design, build and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations